HERO (Home Energy Renovation Opportunity)
HERO is the #1 energy efficiency financing program in the United States. HERO partners with local governments to make energy efficient, water efficient, and renewable energy products more affordable for homeowners.
HERO provides financing for eligible energy efficient, water efficient, and renewable energy products. HERO finances 100% of the cost to purchase and install eligible products. HERO offers low, fixed interest rates with amortization periods of 5, 10, 15, or 20 years and, unlike other financing options, there are no credit score requirements and repayments are made through your property taxes, with the interest being tax deductible. Additionally, if the property is sold before the HERO assessment is paid in full, the remaining payments can legally be passed on to a new property owner (please see the “Real Estate Transactions” section below for more details).
The repayment of HERO Financing is included in your property tax bill, which is delivered and collected by the County. You will see a line item titled HERO Financing on your property tax bill. If you make property tax payments through an impound escrow account, your lender will adjust your monthly payment to include the amount due for HERO Financing.
These non-equity based solar loans are intended for customers seeking financing for renewable energy projects, such as solar, energy efficiency upgrades, small wind and geothermal systems where credits, rebates and/or incentives are available. Qualifying renewable energy projects may be paired with other general home improvements, including roofing, window, energy efficiency solutions, garages and much more.
Benefits of The Solar StepDown Loan:
- No equity or appraisal required1
- No prepayment penalties
- Flexible loan terms
- Fixed rates
- Interest and HUD insurance fees may be tax deductible (consult your tax advisor)
- No seasoning requirements
- Borrowers looking for renewable energy products may apply any tax credits and/or local incentives to request a one-time re-amortization within the first 24 months of the funding date of the loan to lower, or ‘step down,’ monthly payments, provided certain requirements are met
Benefits of The SolarPlus Loan:
The SolarPlus, the Bank’s flagship renewable energy loan, allows homeowners to combine an unsecured, same-as-cash loan for 30% of their system’s value, with a term loan for the remaining amount of the system value, keeping payments very low from day 1.
- Larger combined loan amount
- Unsecured, same-as-cash loan is matched to 30% of system value – no interest, no payments are due on this portion for the first 18 months from the date of funding
- Secured FHA Title I loan covers remainder of the system financing – flexible loan terms are available for multiple monthly payment options
- No pre-payment penalties
Typically, the interest rate is based on credit score.
GreenSky is a leading company in the consumer finance marketplace specializing in Home Improvement.
GreenSky provides unsecured, revolving loan options. Since 2006, GreenSky has played a critical role in transforming small business and consumer credit, enabling more affordable and more pervasive access to financing. GreenSky’s people, process and technology solutions improve customers’ lives.
Let SolarTech help you find the right GreenSky loan to meet your needs.
Why You will Love GreenSky
- Application Process is Fast,Easy & Paperless
- Credit Limits up to $55,000
- Attractive, Fixed Interest Rates(as low as 3.99%)
- Low Monthly Payments